A pet insurance Washington State coverage can act as a safety net against expensive medical expenses resulting from unanticipated illnesses or other emergencies, ensuring that your pet receives the top-notch care it merits.
Our Rugbyqa Reviews Team has created a list of the best pet insurance Washington State after conducting extensive research. The advantages, disadvantages, costs, and programs of top providers are detailed below.
The 4 Best Pet Insurance Washington State Providers
Lemonade is considered the best pet insurance Washington State option due to its affordable plans, flexible coverage options, and short waiting periods.
Lemonade provides a basic accident and illness plan, which covers a range of diagnostic and treatment costs such as lab work, CT scans, MRIs, hospitalization, surgery, medications, and outpatient care. Additionally, the company offers three supplementary coverage options, including physical therapy, vet visit fees, and preventative care.
However, Lemonade excludes coverage for pre-existing conditions, dental illness, and spaying and neutering for pets older than 2 years.
- The pet insurance provider offers a preventative care add-on, which includes a specific package for puppies and kittens requiring more frequent routine care.
- Customers can enjoy a 10% discount by bundling pet insurance with other services, as well as an annual payment discount.
- Moreover, the company’s pricing is consistently more affordable compared to competitors’ quotes for various breeds and ages of pets.
- The insurance policy does not include coverage for behavioral treatments.
- Customers need to provide a recent examination report from the previous 12 months to enroll their pets in coverage.
According to estimates we gathered for our investigation, Lemonade’s premiums for Seattle pets range from $42 to $78 for dogs and from $19 to $20 for cats each month.
Note: The Better Business Bureau (BBB) gives Lemonade a low ranking, despite the fact that most of its complaints come from clients who were unsatisfied with their experiences using the company’s renters insurance or homeowners insurance.
Embrace is the preferred option for pet insurance Washington State with the most flexible deductibles. The company provides diminishing deductible benefits for healthy pets.
Embrace has 18 years of experience in the industry are a decade more than most of its competitors.
Unlike many other providers, Embrace covers preventable conditions, including parvo, Lyme disease, and parasites, in its plans.
Moreover, Embrace offers a unique discount called the Healthy Pet Deductible, which reduces the deductible by $50 annually for every year without filing a claim.
The accident and illness plan offered by Embrace covers a broad range of costs, such as congenital and chronic conditions, genetic conditions, dental trauma, prescribed therapies, hospitalization, surgery, and diagnostics, including CT scans, MRIs, X-rays, and ultrasounds. However, Embrace excludes coverage for pre-existing conditions, unless they are curable and have not shown any symptoms in the previous 12 months.
- The pet insurance provider offers a free medical history review to pet owners who do not have a recent examination report for their animal after enrolling.
- The insurance policy includes five deductible options that customers can choose from, which are $200, $300, $500, $750, and $1,000.
- Embrace provides a mobile app that enables customers to download policy documents quickly.
- The pricing for wellness plans is higher than competitor rates
- The coverage cap limit of $30,000 may not be suitable for breeds susceptible to expensive illnesses as they age.
In Washington, the typical cost of pet insurance from Embrace is between $38 and $98 for dogs and between $23 and $39 for cats per month.
Fetch by The Dodo
Fetch is one of our top recommendations for pet insurance Washington State seeking comprehensive and holistic coverage, especially for alternative therapies.
The company covers cutting-edge treatments, such as stem cell therapy and homeopathy, and provides more extensive dental coverage than its competitors, including coverage for dental illnesses and injuries.
Fetch also offers a 10% discount for pet owners who adopted their pets from shelters or rescues and a 10% discount for medical services animals.
The accident and illness coverage offered by Fetch includes homeopathy, stem cell therapy, acupuncture, and other alternative therapies, sick visit fees, surgery and physical rehabilitation, prescription medications, cancer treatments, and accidental injuries and illnesses.
However, Fetch does not provide wellness or routine care coverage add-ons and excludes coverage for pre-existing conditions, cosmetic and elective procedures like ear cropping and tail docking, and routine and wellness care costs, such as checkups and vaccinations.
- Coverage for telehealth veterinary services up to $1,000
- A live customer chat on its website for quick access to customer service.
- The company provides an option for unlimited coverage to prevent pet owners from incurring out-of-pocket expenses.
- For larger or older dogs, the company may quote higher premium prices than other providers.
- Pet owners are required to provide a recent exam from within the last six months to enroll their pets in coverage.
Monthly premiums for Fetch pet health insurance plans in Washington run from $18 to $21 for cats and $52 to $175 for dogs.
ASPCA Pet Health Insurance is recommended for new pet owners, as it provides valuable resources like a local vet finder tool, pet care articles, and a comparison table for insurance providers.
This pet insurance Washington State offers two plans: an accident-and-illness plan called “Complete Coverage” and an accident-only plan. There is no age limit for insurance eligibility, and the company has over 16 years of experience in the pet insurance industry.
The accident-only plan covers veterinary expenses for unexpected injuries such as broken bones, toxic ingestions, bite wounds, and swallowed objects. The Complete Coverage plan covers unexpected injuries as well as illnesses and conditions, including diabetes, infections, heart disease, cancer, hereditary conditions, digestive problems, and behavioral issues.
The company also offers two optional preventive care packages at basic and premium levels. Each package has a specific annual limit and covers routine vet visits for dental cleanings, rabies vaccinations, flea and heartworm prevention, wellness exams, and more.
- Covers an extensive list of treatments, including microchipping, behavior disorders, and stem cell therapy.
- Offers several flexible coverage options, with five coverage limits, three reimbursement rates, and three deductible options to choose from.
- The company provides a 30-day money-back guarantee to give customers peace of mind.
- It’s worth noting that claims processing may take up to 30 days
- Customer service is not available on weekends.
According to our sample estimates based on 4-year-old dogs and cats in Washington, ASPCA pet insurance costs $24-$84 for dogs and $12-$47 for cats per month.
If you’re looking for the best pricing and pet insurance Washington State, we suggest getting a free quote from Lemonade. However, if you’re looking for more flexible coverage options, Embrace and ASPCA might be better options. Fetch, on the other hand, provides robust benefits and is ideal for those seeking full coverage, but larger or older dogs may receive higher quotes.